Responsible Recycling (R2v3) certification
The Responsible Recycling (R2) certification is housed by Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI) and is accredited by the ANAB within the US. R2 practices include general principles and specific practices for recyclers disassembling or reclaiming used electronics equipment.
Organizations considering certification to R2 must be dedicated to essential R2 concepts:Recycling and reuse of e-Waste: disposal of focus materials from e-Waste is only done as a last resort.
- On-site worker and environmental protection: occupational health & safety compliance, hazard identification, and risk assessment is ongoing proactively down-stream due diligence for focus materials: traceability of potentially hazardous waste throughout the recycling stream, including international vendors.
- Documented focus material management plan for recyclers and downstream vendors:
understanding of where the e-Waste materials are going through final disposition and utilizing vendors with the same level of environmental responsibility.
- Evidence of legality of export: knowing where your overseas exports of waste materials are going and confidence that they are handled properly.
- Comprehensive management system: embracing environmental and health and safety concepts, following the ‘Plan – Do – Check – Act’ model for continual improvement
- Legal compliance: commitment to comply with all legal and regulatory requirements and rules there are numerous benefits of implementing R2, but the most notable are that individuals, businesses, and government agencies can be confident that their electronic waste will be disposed of in a responsible way ensuring their ongoing commitment to the planet
Find Peace of Mind with Our Data Destruction Services
We are confident that AmpleTech Refresh offers the most trustworthy data destruction services around. With an industry-critical certificate of proof, you can rest assured that your data will be completely erased from the assets you dispose of. IT asset disposal shouldn’t be a challenging experience to navigate. When you book a local pick-up from AmpleTech Refresh, we guarantee a stress-free process from start to finish. Get in touch with us today to speak with one of our team members. We would be happy to answer your questions or help you schedule any of our ITAD services.